Please see the following information that the Illinois Department of Health has shared with schools across the state to help keep our students healthy and safe. #BulldogPride
Dear Carmi-White County C.U.S.D. #5 Students, Staff, and Families:
The health and safety of our students is our top priority, so we want to share with you information that the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) has published for schools throughout the state.
The good news at this time is that the health risk to the general public from coronavirus remains low. Currently, the IDPH recommends schools hold classes and events as usual, and follow routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures; no special measures are necessary.
The IDPH also recommends the best way to protect against coronavirus is by taking the same everyday precautions against getting sick in general. These include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
- Staying home when you are sick
- Covering your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces
For additional information, you may visit the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) at dph.illinois.gov or the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus. We will continue to monitor recommendations regarding coronavirus and will update you as soon as there are any significant changes in recommendations for schools. Thank you for your support in helping to keep our school community healthy.
Brad Lee, Superintendent